Start with WIC Today
Get Started Online
It only takes a few minutes to start your application online. After you submit your form, a team member from your local WIC office will contact you to set up your first appointment.
You can also get started and set up your appointment by phone. Use the WIC Office Locator to find a WIC office near you or call 800-942-3678.
Have more questions?
Texas WIC Income Guidelines
WIC is open to many incomes and families. If you or your children receive Medicaid, SNAP or TANF, you already meet the income eligibility guidelines for WIC and your application can be processed faster. Even if you do not receive these programs, you may still qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for your household. Participating in other benefit programs does not affect the amount of WIC benefits you receive. The Recovery Rebate Credit, also known as stimulus checks, and the Child Tax Credit direct payments are not included when calculating your income.
|Number of Household Members*||Gross Monthly Household Income**|
|1||$0 up to $2,096|
|2||$0 up to $2,823|
|3||$0 up to $3,551|
|4||$0 up to $4,279|
|5||$0 up to $5,006|
|6||$0 up to $5,734|
*A pregnant woman’s household is increased by the number of infants she is expecting. For more than six household members, or if you have any income questions, call your local WIC clinic.
** Income can also be determined on a weekly or biweekly basis.
Applying for WIC
1. Start your application online or over the phone.
If you apply online, a team member from your local WIC office will contact you to set up an appointment. They will tell you all the information needed to determine your eligibility which typically includes proof of your address, benefits programs, income and identification.
2. Attend your WIC appointment
Your appointment includes a visit with a nutrition expert to answer any questions you may have about health, nutrition or breastfeeding. Due to COVID-19, WIC has modified procedures to keep you safe and virtual or phone counseling is available. WIC team members may call you before your appointment to provide nutrition counseling and check your eligibility before you come in.
3. Get benefits and go shopping!
If you qualify, you’ll get food benefits designed to meet your needs and a WIC card to use at the grocery store. Then, you can go shopping and get healthy foods for your family!
WIC Makes Your Life Easier
- WIC is for pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women and families with children up to age 5.
- If you or your children receive Medicaid, SNAP or TANF, you already meet the income qualifications for WIC.
- WIC clients get healthy food and one-on-one nutrition counseling with nutritionists.
- WIC provides free breastfeeding support with lactation consultants (IBCLCs) and peer counselors.
- WIC has nutrition and breastfeeding classes online and in person. Recipes and cooking demonstrations are also available.
Answers to Common Questions About Applying for WIC