Fresh and flavorful, this meal is full of delicious veggies and is perfect time of year.
|WIC Food Count||5|
How to Make
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse broccoli florets with cold water and place with carrots in a steamer basket.
- Put the steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water.
- Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and steam for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take vegetables out of steamer and place in mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter; whisk in flour.
- Gradually add in milk, basil, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over the vegetables, add in cooked pasta and mix gently until combined.