This homemade recipe tastes just like store-bought granola bars, but it’s healthier and gives you a much better bang for your buck!
|Servings per recipe||32 bars|
|Serving Size||1 bar|
|WIC Food Count||3|
How to Make
- Combine peanut butter, honey, salt and cinnamon in a small pot.
- Cook on low heat and stir with a spoon until combined and smooth, remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and crisped rice cereal.
- Add peanut butter mixture into the bowl with the dry cereal and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13” dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture in it.
- Press the mixture evenly across the entire pan and use your hands or a spatula to press it down tightly. Tip: Try using a parchment paper sheet over the top to press the mixture down without getting your fingers sticky.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and press down lightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for three hours or until firm.
- Cut into 32 bars, and store in the refrigerator for a quick snack that lasts all week.