This vegetarian meal offers more fiber and vegetables than a traditional pasta dish.
|Servings per recipe||4|
|Serving size||¼ squash and ¼ cup sauce|
|WIC Food Count||4|
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut squash length-wise and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
- Drizzle oil on each side of the squash and rub it in with your hands.
- Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper.
- Put squash flesh-side up in a glass casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. The exact timing will vary depending on the oven heat and squash size.
- Remove squash from the oven. When cool to the touch, use a fork to pull squash from the skin's edges towards the center. This shreds the flesh into spaghetti-like strands.
- To prepare the sauce, sauté garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Add milk, parmesan cheese and spinach, stirring often until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place the squash on a plate and top with sauce.