These pancakes are a nutritious twist on a classic. Sweet potatoes add a sweet, rich taste you’re going to love!
|WIC Food Count||3|
How to Make
1 cup cooked sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons canola oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ - ¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons pecans, chopped (optional)
- Microwave or bake sweet potatoes until soft; scoop out the inside and mash.
- Combine sweet potatoes with eggs in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Whisk or stir flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together into another bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla, oil, and 1/2 cup milk. Add more milk if needed, to create a thick batter that coats the back of a spoon.
- Add chopped pecans, if desired.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat; spray with cooking spray.
- Ladle ¼ cup batter onto the skillet to make a pancake.
- Flip pancake when the bottom is browned (about 2-3 minutes) and cook until other side is browned as well.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.