Real Benefits. Real Nutrition. Real Life.
Using your Texas WIC card is easy once you get the hang of it. It works like a debit card and keeps track of your food benefits for each month.
Tips for using your card
- Take your card to each WIC appointment so staff can reload your food benefits. Use your Texas WIC card at most grocery stores.
- Ask your WIC staff which stores accept the Texas WIC card.
- Use all of your benefits before the end of the month. Any food benefits left on your WIC card don’t roll over to the next month.
- If your Texas WIC card doesn’t work, call your local WIC staff or take it to the clinic.
- If your card is lost or stolen, call and report it to 800-942-3678 so we can protect your benefits by cancelling your card. It can take up to six business days to replace your card at the WIC clinic.