A Tex-Mex spin on lasagna the whole family will enjoy.
|Servings per recipe||8|
|Serving size||1/8 casserole|
|WIC Food Count||4|
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine oil and ground turkey in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chili powder and garlic powder, then cook on medium heat until turkey is fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Add ¼ cup sauce and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of enchilada or taco sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Place six corn tortillas overlapping across the dish.
- Add one cup of mixed cheese in a layer, then half of the ground turkey in a layer, then half the can of refried beans in small dollops in a layer.
- Add six more corn tortillas, then ½ cup of sauce. Spread sauce over tortillas with a spatula.
- Add one cup of cheese, then all remaining turkey, then all remaining refried beans.
- Add six more tortillas, then add all remaining sauce and spread evenly over this final layer. Make sure to cover the edges.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil and bake for five more minutes.
- Let dish sit for three minutes before cutting and serving.
- Add optional garnishes like shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, jalapeños or sour cream.