Prep this healthy soup in the morning and it will be hot and hearty by dinner time. This recipe is a great vegetarian source of fiber and protein!
|Servings per recipe||6|
|Serving size||1 cup|
|WIC Food Count||8|
How to Make
- Rinse beans in running water and remove any debris.
- Soak beans overnight, then rinse again.
- Combine and mix all ingredients in a slow cooker or large pot.
- f you are using a slow cooker, set to low and cook for 6-9 hours until beans are tender. If you are cooking on the stove, cook on a low-boil for about 2 hours.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on medium speed until combined. Blend in batches if needed, and be careful not to overfill the blender.
- Pour into serving bowls. Top with optional garnishes like cheese, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro and sour cream.