Looking for a fast, one pot meal to feed your family? Try this quick and easy recipe for a delicious and flavorful soup that will please the whole family!
|WIC Food Count||5+|
How to Make
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups (49 ounce can) low-sodium chicken broth
1 ½ cups frozen corn, or 1 can sweet corn
1 ½ cups diced fresh tomatoes, or 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped or shredded
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
Juice of 1 lime
6 corn tortillas
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Vegetable oil spray
Tip: Top your soup with avocado, cilantro, jalapenos or sour cream for some extra flavor!
- Cut corn tortillas into wedges and spread on a cookie sheet. Spray the wedges evenly with vegetable oil.
- Bake the tortilla wedges in an oven heated to 350 degrees until crisp (10-14 minutes).
- In a large saucepan, add oil and sauté onion and garlic about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve soup in bowls and top with freshly made tortilla wedges and shredded cheese. Enjoy!