Try something new with these delicious stuffed peppers. Rice, corn, and cheese make a yummy filling to complement the flavor of the pepper.
|WIC Food Count||5+|
How to Make
2 bell peppers (any color), halved and seeded
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1½ cups brown rice, cooked
½ cup corn
2 cups tomatoes, diced
14 ounce can diced green chilies
¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place pepper halves in boiling water for 2-3 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet until golden.
- Add rice, tomatoes, green chilies, and corn to the skillet and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more.