Brown rice provides an excellent source of whole grains in this easy version of a classic side dish.
|WIC Food Count||4|
How to Make
- Place oil in a pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add rice and onions, and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add chicken broth or water, cumin, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salt.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and bring to boil. Turn heat down to a low simmer and cook, simmered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed — approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.