This stir-fry has lots of veggies and a peanut sauce everyone will love. Pair it with brown rice for a complete dinner.
|WIC Food Count||5+|
How to Make
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound extra firm tofu (or chicken), cut into cubes
3 cups mixed vegetables, cut into bite sized pieces (such as 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup bell peppers, 1/2 cup mushrooms, and 1/2 cup green onions)
¼ cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
½ cup peanut sauce (recipe below)
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon fresh garlic and/or ginger, minced
¼ cup water
WIC Tip: Press the tofu block between paper towels to help drain out the moisture before cutting.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Prepare the peanut sauce: Place peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and water in a microwave safe bowl. Cover, microwave 30 to 60 seconds, and then whisk until combined.
- In a large skillet, heat oil at medium heat.
- Add chicken or tofu and sauté until golden (approximately 6 to 8 minutes for chicken, 10-12 minutes for tofu).
- Add vegetables to pan and sauté an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add peanut sauce, stir, and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over prepared rice and top with chopped peanuts, if desired.